As the title states.
I wasn’t sure what to wear for today. I went to the YouTube homepage, intending to play some music, and one of the Burberry makeup tutorials was on my recommended list. I’ve always loved how the Burberry models look so strong and earthy and grounded and effortless and natural.
Swoon. Image from here.
I got most of the inspiration from their festival look video. Experimented with a couple of things.
I tried applying bronzer on the eyes as an eyeshadow at first, but was dumb and applied my Urban Decay one, which was too orangey so I did end up using the eyeshadows.
What did work though, was applying my highlighter (Benefit High Beam) before applying my foundation. I think that tip came from the Burberry Spring Summer 2015 video. It means that the highlight ends up being very subtle, as you slowly build up the layers of the face.
Photo taken as I was out with friends. Do you see how beautifully the highlight shows up on my cheekbones in natural light?
1) Benefit High Beam (cheekbones)
2) Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Cafe Breve (face)
3) Benefit Rockateur (cheeks)
4) Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder (all over face)
Eyes (all shadows from the Urban Decay Naked On The Run palette)
1) Bronzer (all over eye with fluffy brush, focusing on crease)
2) Urban Decay Fix (on lid)
3) Urban Decay Dare (crease)
4) Urban Decay Perversion mascara
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline
2) Australis Brow Tint in Dark Brown
1) Bobbi Brown Nude Rose
– – –