If think I would classify this as one of those effortless, easy to pull together kind of looks. It is also ridiculously easy to apply. A simple brown smoky eye that’s very wearable for day, glowy cheeks and a red lip.
Today’s also one of those rare days where all my selfies are coming out perfect and I’m actually having a hard time picking out exactly what I want to upload. This is usually a very painful process.
Okay so now that I’ve got my new awesome camera it feels like I don’t really have an excuse to not begin to review my extensive makeup collection (can you see how the gold shimmer in my lip colour is actually captured by the camera?) But I am unfortunately still a full time student who writes her blog posts on public transport to save time and this is the crunch time of the semester so I can’t really do that right now. Maybe next month when the deadlines start easing up.
But yes I need to do a review on MAC Groundwork Paint Pot. It’s a matte taupe brown cream that, when applied with a fluffy brush adds just the right amount of depth to my eyes without looking overdone or anything. I love using it as a base, where I’ll apply it just past my crease so whatever shadow I apply onwards looks like it’s been blended beautifully with it. I feel this eye makeup can be easily paired with anything, a nude or vampy lip.
1) MAC Groundwork Paint Pot (matte taupe brown all over lid)
2) MAC Mulch (dark brown applied to the lash line with pencil brush)
3) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (curled lashes, applied to upper lashline)
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline
2) Australis Brow Gel
1) Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation (applied all over the face with a stippling brush)
2) MAC Soft and Gentle (champagne shimmer, applied on the cheekbones)
3) MAC Warm Soul (beige bronze with gold pearl, applied to apples of cheeks)
4) Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder (applied all over the face with a stippling brush)
1) Jordona Lip Pencil in Sedonna Red (matte red lip pencil)
2) OCC Super NSFW Lip Tar (cool red with gold pearl)
– – –