Korean styled makeup is perfect for all those venturing into makeup for the first time. It consists of barely there blush, a light shimmer on the eyes, full straight brows, glowing skin and colourful lips. Now tell me that doesn’t sound good!
It’s also super easy to do, another reason to try it. You won’t need any brushes to apply the eye makeup just your clean finger. Same goes for the cheeks if you’re using a cream or liquid blush. Pat on the lip products with your finger too while you’re at it. Skip the highlighter if you’re not comfortable with applying it, Korean BB creams already have lots of shine.
Lisa Eldridge did a wonderful and very thorough video on Korean beauty trends
, pointing out how it differs from other trends in Japan and I was largely inspired by that.
I don’t have very many Korean makeup products, so here’s my take with Western products. The dewiness of Korean BB products is quite unique and can’t really be replicated with Western foundations so I pulled out my Laneige BB cushion. It was a little unsettling to see my skin glow so much again so I powdered it down just a little. Still very glowy. (Apparently the word for this glow is gwang.) Everything else was achieved by Western brands.
I find Benefit’s liquid tints give you very nice dewy look, so it doesn’t spoil the glow (or gwang) of your foundation. Used my MAC Dipdown really lightly this time so it didn’t look like I overdrew my brows. I don’t think I did the ombre lips very well though.
Oh, I also finally opened up the free samples of UD primer potions I got when I bought the Naked 3 palette, and I must say that I am incredibly impressed by the Sin potion. It’s such a beautiful shade all on its own, I’m so tempted to get it. And of course, works amazingly well in intensifying the colours of the shadows.
1) Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion
2) Benefit High Beam (cheekbones)
3) Benefit Chacha Tint (cheeks)
4) Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder
1) Urban Decay Sin Primer Potion (all over lid, shimmery champagne)
2) MAC Ready To Party Extra Dimension Eyeshadow (lid, pearlescent blue-grey)
3) Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Eyeliner Kajal in 01 Black
4) Urban Decay Perversionmascara
1) Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in 04 Heftiest Hibiscus (pink coral)
2) Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Strawberry
What do you think of Korean beauty trends? Have you tried any of them yet?
– – –