Started out today knowing that I was going to use OCC Psycho on the lips. If you follow my Instagram you’d see that I’d laid aside my makeup last night, and it included some really colourful eyeshadows.
As always, when I know I want something to be the focal point, I apply makeup there first. Today I started out with the lip and as I saw how intense the colour was (it’s been some time since I’ve used a lip tar, I forgot how amazingly intense the colours are), and then decided to tone down the eye makeup. I rarely use my Triptych eyeshadow so I knew I wanted to use that. It’s a very beautiful metallic jewelery shade when applied damp or layered over, but when sheered out, it becomes a soft sparkle against my paler skin (I doubt this will work for darker skin tones because of the high contrast between the eyeshadow colour and skin colour). I then used MAC Mulch in the outer corners to bring in some depth into the look.
But yes, why did I insist on an orange red lip? Because today I was wearing this absolutely fabulous metallic gold skirt from Zalia and wanted something to complement it. It’s a fairly dark skirt, but because it’s so shiny I wanted to mute it down with a plain white tee, but still have a bright pop of colour.
Taken outside of a MAC store. Of course.
And this is a haul post too, so
Spent much money today but it’s okay it’s okay I will use all these things. So the haul consists of
1) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer (in SC-1)
2) Percy Reed Dry Shampoo
3) innisfree sheet masks
4) Shit ton of Penguin Classics books from Kinokuniya – these beauties were going for $2 each!
5) Jennifer Anne Champion’s new poetry anthology – A History of Clocks
I’d wanted the new Urban Decay concealer but it’s sold out in my shade. I was thinking of getting the MAC Pro Concealer but I’d heard bad things about that pump. I liked the idea of the two shades within the LM concealer palette, and the fact that the makeupalley reviews say it works well for both undereye circles and blemishes.
Hopefully the next haul post doesn’t come anytime soon. Looking forward to enjoying my new things!
1) Benefit High Beam (pink pearl cheekbones, applied before foundation)
2) Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Cream Lip and Cheek Colour in Diva (cream bronze, contoured the cheeks)
3) Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Loose Mineral Foundation in Cafe Breve
4) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light (pale pink powder, applied lightly all over face and concentrated on cheeks for subtle blush colour)
1) OCC Triptych Loose Colour Concentrate (metallic gold pigment, applied on lid)
2) MAC Mulch (satin brown, applied on outer corner of eye)
3) MAC Photogravure Technakohl (matte brown kohl, upper lashline)
4) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (upper lashes)
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline
– – –