Today’s makeup was a bit of an accident. I knew I wanted to use my Clinique Ginger Pop blush today because it has been tragically underused, but I wasn’t entirely sure what kind of makeup to do.
So when I get ready in the morning, I tend to play a makeup tutorial. I usually prefer to do Lisa Eldridge’s because she has a nice soothing voice, and the length of her videos (usually about ten minutes each time) is about the time I take to do my own makeup. Today I randomly clicked on a 1950s Audrey Hepburn look she did, so I knew I wanted really thick doll-like eyeliner for today with a pretty, neutral eye.
And that was all I followed. The rest of the makeup feels very much like 2015 Spring runway makeup trends, with a very strong blush and the kind of flower petal lips that are very popular. I used OCC Lydia on the lips, another colour that like Clinique Ginger Pop, is scary in the pot but is so beautiful when applied on the skin, and is also tragically underused. I also added sea salt to my hair to get soft scrunched waves, so I at least had a little bit of texture to my hair.
1) Ellana Minerals Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Cafe Breve
2) Laura Mercer Secret Camouflage Concealer
3) Clinique Ginger Pop Cheek Pop blush
4) Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline (matte red brown gel)
Eyes (eyeshadow from the UD Theodora and Glinda palettes)
1) UD Magic (pale beige gold shimmer, applied on lid)
2) UD Broken (matte caramel brown, applied on outer V)
3) UD Bewitched (deep cool brown satin, applied into crease)
4) MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (matte black gel)
5) Urban Decay Perversion mascara
6) Benefit They’re Real mascara
1) OCC Lydia (plummy liquid, applied in a sheer layer on the lips)
– – –