Yesterday I did my makeup in a moving taxi. It was also a journey that consisted entirely of being on three separate highways so really there were no stop lights for me to be able to do my eye makeup safely. So I pretty much didn’t. (Still had some shadow and mascara though.)
I can’t really remember what makeup I used. Lips were definitely lined with Jordona Lip Liner in Sedona Red, and then I had Sephora Always Red Lip Cream on top. Cheeks were MAC Warm Soul. I had applied a dab of Urban Decay Darkside from the Naked 3 Palette (dark taupey purple) on my upper lashlines.
Photography by Nahuey Photography
Just look at the glory that is that red lip. I feel like doing a challenge for myself, wear one lip colour for an entire week and see what I can do with it.
Today’s makeup was done within five minutes. I struggled with trying to get my contact lens in in the morning, gave up, and then just went with my glasses. Doing a presentation for class, so figured I’d do makeup anyway. I almost never wear makeup with my glasses (my glasses just seem to make my eyes look tiny so I feel like I shouldn’t bother at all). I decided then to focus on the cheeks and lips for this look. Pulled out MAC Gleeful, a really pigmented deep red blush that I love, but can only apply with the fluffiest of brushes and the lightest of hands. Was thinking of going for a deep red lip, but I saw OCC Electric Grandma and decided to go for that instead.
1) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer (cover up acne and redness around chin and nose area)
2) Jane Iredale PurePressed Mineral Base (dusted over face)
3) MAC Gleeful blush (strawberry red satin blush)
4) OCC Electric Grandma Lip Tar (coral with gold shimmer)
5) MAC Dazzlelight (applied on eyes with a finger, yellow beige with frost)
6) NYX Brow Pencil (black brown pencil, fill in brows)
– – –