Though I suppose if I really wanted to go with the whole bronzed look I would have used bronze on my face (note to self to do that in future). But it felt nice to pull out a pink lipstick again, even if I did throw on a plummy purple gloss under to reduce its pinkness (ehehehe. I don’t know what it I have against pink.)
MAC Bronze is one of my favourite brown shades for an all-over colour. It’s got a bit of gold pearl, that gives the colour dimension, so you don’t need to add a lot of other eyeshadows in. I kept everything else very light. so that this didn’t veer into goth category again.
For the cheeks I used planning to leave them bare, or maybe use Benefit Rockateur.Eventually used the Tarte Blushing Bride Cheek Stain for some very very subtle colour (it’s barely picked up by the camera) but it’s just enough to make it look like I didn’t cake foundation all over my skin.
Eyes (Urban Decay Eyeshadows from the Naked 3 palette)
1) MAC Bronze (deep red brown with gold pearl) all over the eye
2) Urban Decay Trick (metallic rose gold, center of eye)
3) Urban Decay Strange (matte cream, blending around the eye socket to lighten the area)
4) Urban Decay Dust (pink micro glitter, inner third of eye)
5) MAC Smolder Eye Kohl (upper lashline)
6) Benefit They’re Real Mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline (matte red brown gel)
1) Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation
2) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
3) Tarte Blushing Bride Cheek Stain (dewy warm pink, apples of cheeks)
1) Jordona Lip Liner in Tawny (matte beige with brown undertones)
2) Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive (matte pink)
3) Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss in Sesso (pink plum gloss)
(Note: I mattified my skin with my Guerlain UV Shield Pressed Powder after taking all the photos. I really need to get back in the habit of applying a finishing powder especially after applying foundations with a dewy finish, it makes a world of difference!
– – –