‘The Neglected Series’ is where I will pull out rarely-used makeup from the dusty corners of my collection. It’s partly an exercise and challenge for my creativity, since I realise I haven’t been too creative with my colour palette lately and keep falling on the same old products. Digging through my stash is also a reminder for me to not buy new makeup since I already have plenty of things to play with. (Yes, this is what I’m trying to convince myself with.)
Today I made use of a good number of products I haven’t touched in a while actually. I used the NYX Smokey Palette (obtained from the NYX City of Bones movie tie-up), my Bobbi Brown Twilight Night Shimmer Ink (a really pretty gel liner I used to be really attached to), my Benefit Benetint (which I’ve used maybe once) and my Bobbi Brown Nude Rose Rich Lip Color.
I mentioned on last night’s Instagram post that I would share why I have special feels for my Bobbi Brown Nude Rose. There’s a bit of a story to how I got this, waaaay before I ever needed a trolley case for my makeup. So this was shortly after I’d finished Junior College (high school equivalent) and I was about to receive my A-Level results. I was freaking out the night before of course, and told myself that before results were released the next day (which was around 3pm) I was going to go shopping, and I was going to pick the perfect lipstick. Temptalia was on a bit of a rampage reviewing various Rich Lip Color lipsticks at that point of time, and I was really sure I wanted one to try out that smooth creamy formula. Most my tiny lipstick collection at that point was MAC, so I wanted to try something new. I spent hours going through reviews and finally narrowed it down to Nude Rose. The next morning, my mother handed me her TANGS card and told me to use whatever points she had in the card to get a discount when I bought the lipstick. I was really touched.
Since I’ve gotten into slightly crazier colours though, Nude Rose hasn’t been much of a staple. I actually think it doesn’t suit my skin tone very much, but would probably look really good on someone with a warmer tone. Still, the formula is wonderful though, rich and creamy as the line claims to be and very lightly moisturizing, I think.
Eyes (eyeshadows from NYX Smokey Palette)
1) MAC Rubensque Paint Pot (gold frost with peach undertones, applied all over lid)
2) Bronze eyeshadow (all over lid)
3) Navy blue eyeshadow (outer third of eye)
4) White shade (inner third)
5) Bobbi Brown Twilight Night Shimmer Ink (purple grey gel, upper lashline and outer third of lower lashline)
6) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara (lengthening mascara, upper and lower lashlines)
7) Benefit They’re Real mascara (volumizing mascara, upper lash)
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline (matte red brown gel)
1) Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation
2) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer
3) Benefit Sugarbomb Box ‘O’ Powder (dusky pink, applied very lightly on apples of cheeks)
4) Benefit Benetint (rosy cheek tint with a dewy finish, apples of cheek)
5) Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder (pale pink powder, dusted all over face)
– – –