‘The Neglected Series’ is where I will pull out rarely-used makeup from the dusty corners of my collection. It’s partly an exercise and challenge for my creativity, since I realise I haven’t been too creative with my colour palette lately and keep falling on the same old products. Digging through my stash is also a reminder for me to not buy new makeup since I already have plenty of things to play with. (Yes, this is what I’m trying to convince myself with.)
Today’s neglected products:
Benefit ChaCha Tint. I finally remembered why this is a neglected product; while unlike most of Benefit’s products it’s long wearing and has decent pigmentation (you really don’t need very much product) and does give a pretty dewy glow, I just don’t like the colour. It looks like I took a fluorescent orange highlighter (the kind you use to highlight your notes) and smeared it on my cheeks. Also cream blushes > cheek tints. Any day. It’s just way easier to blend the former, and if you over applied doesn’t set and dry as quickly and you can remove it without taking off all your makeup.
MAC In a Heartbeat Creamsheen Lipstick I had bought with the MAC Divine Desire Quite Coral kit. I used MAC Ravishing yesterday, which is the closest lipstick I have to this. But while I feel MAC Ravishing is a darkened orange coral, this one is brighter. Almost like the Benefit Cha Cha Tint except this one mixes with my naturally red lips to give a bright orange coral.
I then layered MAC Pure Flattery Lipglass (from the same LE) on top, it’s from the same Divine Desire kit now.
Also today I tried my Mary-Lou Manizer and it is such a dream to apply. This is a buttery dense product that gives the most beautiful golden highlight to the skin. Yes I see how it’s like a toned down MAC Soft and Gentle but it’s way easier to apply because of how soft it is.
1) Sleek Sunset eyeshadow (the 10th eyeshadow in the palette, light copper)
2) MAC Mulch Eyeshadow (warm medium brown)
3) Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner (matte black eyeliner)
4) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
1) Soap & Glory Thick and Fast mascara
1) Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation
2) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer
3) Benefit Cha Cha Tint (dewy coral orange cheek tint)
4) theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (warm golden highlighter, cheekbones)
5) Guerlain UV Shield (translucent shield, dusted all over face)
1) MAC In a Heartbeat lipstick (warm bright coral)
2) MAC Pure Flattery lipglass (peach gloss)
– – –