Makeup for today.
Image from here.
The inspiration for this look was this. I just love how there’s the lightest dusting of bronzer on her cheeks, and how her lips are so perfect. Oh and her freckles are adorable.
So the trick to this look is to keep the rest of the face very very bare, making such an intense colour wearable. I don’t have any red browns that dark (I know the article says wine, but this still looks like it has more brown than purple undertones to me) so I was improvising on that part. I suppose if I had layered a purple lip liner over OCC Starling I would have gotten a pretty interesting colour.
I also kinda realised how dependent I’ve grown on mascara, which is weird because a couple of years back I always skipped the mascara. Like even if I don’t apply eyeliner I itch to reach out for it, because it gives just a little bit of definition to the eye.
I seriously cannot recall the last time I used so few products for my face.
1) The Bodyshop Concealer Stick
2) Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base Mineral Powder
3) Benefit Rockateur (rose gold, contour)
4) theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (gold highlighter, tops of cheekbones)
5) OCC Starling Lip Tar (red brown cream)
6) MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick (matte red with brown undertones)
7) Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder (yellowy powder dusted all over face)
– – –