I didn’t know what makeup to use for today, so I ended looking at various YouTube tutorials. I settled on Michelle Phan’s ‘Soho Glam’ tutorial, with my own changes of course.
I used the Happy Skin SS Creme foundation rather than the ZZ Cream, which is what I usually use. Creme formulas are creams that dry to powder, which then give a slightly matter finish. Yes my skin still looks mildly dewy in the photos, because that’s the finish the SS Creme gives. I didn’t powder because, since I live in a tropical climate I’m not that that much into a completely matte look, as sweat and hyperactive sebaceous glands mean that I will never ever really be matte.
I kept the matte eyeshadows and cheek colours. The Clinique Chubby Stick I used is a cream rather than matte finish, but since I didn’t prep my lips with lip balm before it doesn’t look too wet.
I actually quite like this look! It’s very chic, and quite natural looking despite the pink eyeshadow I have on. Also I have on a pink blouse and scarf so it’s ended up almost monochromatic looking. This is when I really wish I had a warmer skin tone to blend my browns into, Michelle Phan always looks good with just a brown eyeshadow and blush.
1) Urban Decay Dare (medium matte taupe brown, Naked on the Run palette, contouring eye in crease)
2) BareMinerals Smash Hit (matte peach pink, The Next Big Thing Palettecenter of lid)
3) Urban Decay Bewitched (neutral brown satin, from the Theodora palette, lining upper lashline)
4) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (upper lashes)
1) Happy Skin SS Creme Foundation
2) Urban Decay Naked on the Run Bronzer (matte yellow-brown, contours of cheeks)
3) Urban Decay Naked on the Run Blush (satin cool pink, apples of cheeks)
1) MAC Dipdown Fluidline (matte red brown gel)
1) Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel (beige cream)
– – –