I realise that I can’t do traditional bronzed looks. My skin is just too ghost pale, and without any warmth (I’ve been told I have olive undertones, I can’t decide if I’m neutral or cool). Bronzed eye looks and cheeks only look really good when you have a beautiful warm undertone that brings out all the golden tones I feel. So I love rose golds, because there’s a rosier undertone that I feel it doesn’t look as stark against my skin. I dusted Benefit Rockateur all over my cheeks to get a subtle bronzy glow, and used the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette on the eyes.
Revlon Complex Matte Balm is my new favourite nude. I hate using the word ‘nude’ because of many ethnic issues with the word but this pale shade (I think it is a beige with peach undertones) really cancels out the redness of my lips, but doesn’t leave me looking like a corpse. I applied a peach lipgloss over it to bring out the peach undertones. Also because I think applying a rose gold gloss would be too much for this look, and the peach really balances it all out nicely.
Eyes (Naked 3 palette)
1) Maybelline Bad to the Bronze 24 Hour Eye Tattoo (lid)
2) UD Trick (rose gold all over lid)
3) UD Factory (outer third)
4) UD Nooner (crease)
5) UD Blackheart (upper and lower lashline)
6) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
1) Jane Iredale Amazing Base Pressed Powder Foundation
2) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
3) Benefit Rockateur
1) Revlon Complex Matte Balm
2) MAC Pure Flattery Lipglass
– – –